More todos: Images, User preferences, tag suggestions, direct links to entries, italics, pagnation, keyboard shortcuts for the editor, text search, ids on elements
Images: Three levels of this.
1. img tags in the editor with a popup for the src (Priority: Should have)
2. Upload an image (and insert an img tag) (Priority: Should have)
3. Upload and edit an image (crop and size at least, maybe other stuff later) (Priority: Niceto have)
User preferences: The main one I've got in mind is being able to sort entries with newest at the top, or with newest at the bottom. I'd like to make it easy for people to read the blog from the start, but also for people to keep up with recent entries.
Priority: Nice to have
Tag suggestions: As I type tags into the tag entry box, show existing tags that match. HTML5 does the <datalist> thing, and I can probably do something like position a div over the top of the input to show selected tags.
Priority: Nice to have
Direct links to entries: So I can send people links to entries (and to help SEO and maybe people will even like my stuff enough to share it).
I've got a couple of ideas:
1. Entry.ID - This is a Guid so unique, but really unattractive and hard for people to type
2. Can't use title since I don't have one most of the time.
3. Generate hex/base64 short links ("/l/aq6t"). Less ugly than Guid but still not really human friendly. Will need a DB table of short link to ID (but tables are cheap).
4. Same as 3, but use words rather than noise ("/l/cat-lamp-desk"). I'll need a reasonable word list, and people might complain that the link is nothing like the content (and when I say people, I mean Google).
I think 4 is the approach I'm going for, priority Nice to have.
Italics: for emphasis, same code as bold, so easy. Priority: Nice to have.
Pagnation: Having added three bigish updates tonight (so far!), I'm going to need to do pagnation. The basic GetEntries() method takes an offset and a count already, so it's mostly an interface thing. Maybe add 'page size' to user options? Priority: Must have before I have more than 10 entries
Keyboard shortcuts: I keep reaching for Ctrl-B to bold, I'll want Ctrl-I for italics. Maybe Ctrl-S to save a draft (and keep editing), something for save-and-publish (Ctrl-P?): Priority: Nice to have.
Text search: To help me (users? Do I have users?) find entries. Sqlite Full Text Search looks intresting, I'll need to check if the version of sqlite from Microsoft/Entity has it. Priority: Should have
IDs on elements: So I can add links inside an article (e.g. for a table of contents for a long article). Could do it like links with a popup, wrap the text with a <span id="whatever">whatever</span> and show it in the editor with some kind of CSS (including an ::before/::after with the content of the id attribute). Priority: Nice to have
Colors: Maybe? Change font/background color. Needs a colour chooser popup, and colour isn't really my thing. Priority: After everything else
(Phew! Wasn't that a brain dump!)